| || |
Dieting vs. Lifestyle: What’s the Difference?
You’ve no doubt heard the ominous statistic: two thirds of people who lose weight gain even more back within four or five years.
That in itself is enough to discourage even the most determined among us. What’s the answer? What is the secret to not only losing weight but keeping it off?
The good news is that you do not have to be one of the statistics...
DO YOU NEED A LIFESTYLE MAKEOVER?
It happens to everyone. That moment when you realize that it's time to do something about your weight and health. It may happen when you're looking in the mirror or standing on the scale. Your first thought is to go on a 'diet' but as quickly as that enters your mind the ghosts of a hundred diets past return ... along with all the frustration. Then you wonder, why bother? The weight will come back, as it always has. Then you'll be back in front of the mirror as discouraged as ever. The answer is not to go on another diet. The answer is to change your lifestyle. You've heard this before, and it makes sense, right? So what's holding you back?
Your Lifestyle Obstacles: Most people resist changing their lifestyle for two reasons.
1. Change is scary Whether you realize it or not, your life is in a constant state of change. Though you cling to the familiar, it's a futile struggle. Change always wins. The most consistent thing in life is change. Since you'll never escape it, you might as well channel it. It's time to make the change in your life purposeful and positive.
2. Lifestyle misconception How many times have you heard the term 'healthy lifestyle' only to picture a health nut with celery sticks in one hand and tofu in the other? The truth is that most people think that changing their lifestyle will be an extreme and unpleasant experience - and that's not true. Improving your lifestyle does not mean swearing off chocolate or living in the gym. You don't have to eat wheat germ for lunch and you can still enjoy a nice plate of pasta. The key is moderation.
3. Making the Change It's time to lose your 'all or nothing' mentality. Embrace simple, small changes that will add up to big improvements in your lifestyle. These are your main venues for change:
What You Eat: The solution to cleaning up your daily diet is NOT to go back on a 'diet'. In fact, I never want you to go on a 'diet' again. (Yes, you heard me right!) Instead I want you to make permanent healthy changes to your eating habits.
Here are some practical examples:
I don't expect you to eat a perfect diet every day of the week - that'd be ludicrous. You should, however, make MORE healthy choices every day than unhealthy ones.
What You Do: Exercise is a huge component to a healthy lifestyle, and quite frankly you're not getting enough of it. How often does an entire week go by without you ever lacing up your tennis shoes? Don't disregard the importance and power of a good workout.
Your new healthy lifestyle means exercising on most days of the week. This may seem tough, but I have the perfect solution - my training programs were created for busy people just like you who only have so much time to dedicate to exercise. You'll spend 30-45 minutes with our Small Group Training programs, a small time commitment with big results.
I understand how hard it is to find the motivation to stay consistent and to push yourself. Make exercise a no-brainer - contact me to get started on a lifestyle enhancing program today.
Here are simple ways to move more:
While none of the above are meant as substitutes for a solid exercise routine, they are great ways to become more active and to improve your lifestyle.
So the next time you're in front of the mirror you won't worry about your weight.
You'll relish it.
Langley, BC 778-726-0590
GET MORE From Your Workout !
Use the following three Fitness tips to bring your routine up to the next level:
1. Be Unstable: Use your entire body, and target your core, by performing exercises that engage stabilizing muscles. To do this use an exercise ball, a balance board, a balance disk, or you could simply stand on one leg.
2. Add Resistance: The more resistance that you incorporate with your routine translates into higher intensity and more calories burned. Some ideas for adding resistance include: carrying dumbbells while doing squats and lunges, or try a round of body weight push ups (modification - on knees)
3. Use Intervals: Interval training is an amazing tool for creating short yet effective workouts. Don’t worry, it’s not complicated. Interval training is simply alternating between different short bursts of activity.
We incorporate all of the above in our BRANDFit50 Small Group Training Sessions at BRAND FITNESS in Langley. Join us today for a FUN, Quick and Effective Workout. No need to spend hours in the Gym. Call us today to get started ... 778-726-0590
Although the aging process is hard-wired into our systems and cannot be stopped this doesn't mean that we are completely at its mercy. On the contrary, individuals are able to significantly, and sometimes dramatically, influence how quickly or how well they age. The foods they eat, activities in which they choose to engage, environmental toxins to which they are exposed and numerous other factors have been shown to either “accelerate” or “slow” the aging process.
This is your life, and your chance to live it to the fullest. Enjoying Family, Grand kids, Travel, Hobbies with a little help from yourself. Take the time for YOU, by staying active and eating healthy. This is YOUR Life to Enjoy!
BRAND FITNESS has functional training programs specifically for Adults, aged 50 and up, in Langley, BC. Finally, there are safe programs for Baby Boomers and Seniors! Our BRANDFit50 Small Group Training is a 30 minute session with your Certified Coach leading you towards success. Let's keep doing what we're supposed to be in life. ENJOYING!! FEEL BETTER ... LIVE BETTER!
Book your FREE BRANDFit50 Session below, or find out more about our program HERE. We want to start helping you LIVE THE BEST HALF OF YOUR LIFE!
BODYBLITZ SCULPT Small Group PT
4 WEEK REGISTERED
TUESDAYS @ 8:15 pm (July 8th - 29th, 2014 )
TYNEHEAD HALL, 9568 - 168th St, Surrey, BC
This class focus is on STRENGTH, MUSCLE, TONING & CORE work.
Bring your own weights, and Mat (recommended 5lb & 10lb)
SUMMER SCHEDULE & REGISTRATION
And The Best Workout Is…
Guess what? There really is no ‘best exercise’. Fads exercises
will always come and go, but the best thing for your body is
that you consistently do some type of activity. Don’t let
yourself get hung up on finding the best—be a stickler for
Need help or want to start and stay on track? If it's just to talk, try a class or get personalized private training sessions. We're here to help!
Brand Fitness will be at the Cinderella Bridal Show this Sunday, January 5th, 2014 in Surrey, BC. Please pass on to any bride's you know.
CINDERELLA BRIDAL SHOW
SUNDAY JANUARY 5th, 2014
1160 King George Hwy, South Surrey
11 am - 4 pm
Cinderella FACEBOOK page
3 week Pre Christmas TRX Suspension Training group sessions to tighten that core, tone those muscles and burn some extra calories for a quilt free Christmas! Starts December 3rd.
TUESDAYS @ 10 am
* DECEMBER 3rd
* DECEMBER 10th
* DECEMBER 17th
PALMERS / Core Three60
#111 - 15292 Croydon Drive, Surrey, BC V3S 0Z5 $
67.50 + gst = $ 70.88
Call Marion @ 778-386-9592 for more info
4 week small group session
Starts November 21st, 2013
THURSDAYS @ 9 am
PALMERS / Core Three60
#111 - 15292 Croydon Drive
Surrey, BC V3S 0Z5
$ 88.00 + gst = $ 92.40
I'm now teaching TRX GROUP TRAINING at Platinum Athletic Club, 7635 King George Highway, Surrey.
Come by and check it out. Awesome core and all over body workout. Drop ins welcome.
MONDAYS @ 12:30 pm
MONDAYS @ 6:00 pm
THURSDAYS @ 5:00 pm
More Info at Platinum's website: http://www.platinumathleticclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=184&Itemid=84
FAI - Functional Aging Specialist