- Resistance training burns fat. Think it’s all about cardio? ... Wrong.
- The gluteus maximus (aka, your butt) is the largest muscle in the body. Keep it strong!
- Exercise is the miracle drug. It’s good for your bones, muscles, balance, heart, mental health and sleep.
- Invest at least 15 minutes a day of strength training and movement, even when traveling. This will keep you on track!
- Positive, active people are 50 percent less likely to have heart disease, a heart attack, or a stroke. – Wellness consultant Dianne McCaughey, Ph.D.
- “You don’t HAVE to be 64 years old. You GET to be 64 years young.” – Trainer Nate Wilkins
- Any physical movement lowers the risk of dementia. – Neurology
- Just being outdoors, especially in green spaces, quickly improves our health and happiness. – The International Journal of Environmental Health Research
- Weightlifting has a greater effect than running, walking or cycling on lowering the risk of heart disease, according to the British Telegraph.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is good for everyone "and has even bigger benefits for older adults." – The Mayo Clinic
- One-third of people over 50 exercise regularly. (Most, therefore, do not.)
- Keep accountable to yourself by scheduling your fitness. Either with yourself, or with a Trainer. This helps keep you on track and you're less likely to miss a day.
Contact BRAND FITNESS today ... helping ages 50+ living your best life!
Health & Fitness for the Best Half of your Life!