Instead, we prefer thinking about positive steps you can take every day. Steps to help you create a Life you Love!
Living the life you want to live takes steady, concentrated intention. The Calendar isn't changing ... you are the one that's changing!
Here are 20 things we can all do, all the time to improve our lives. Come see us soon at BRAND FITNESS ... We’re here to help you live your best life by being fit – with strength, endurance, flexibility and fun.
Consider these 20 things to help you Create a Life you Love ...
- Move your body every day You don’t have to go to the gym every day but do something – walk around your neighborhood, do body-weight moves at home, take a dance class. Whatever ... Just move.
- Limit your calories if you’re trying to lose weight. It’s a simple formula: Eat fewer calories than you use, and you will lose weight.
- More fruits and veggies, less candy and chips.
- More lean protein, fish, pork, chicken, beef, protein powders, & vegetarian options are all good choices.
- More water, less juice, alcohol and soda (even diet).
- Lift weights People over 50 need to practice strength training two to three times a week. It won’t make you bulk up. It will improve your functional abilities, health, mood, balance and looks.
- Don’t eat in front of the TV You could consume extra calories, while not burning any calories! In fact, turn off the TV, enjoy your dinner, and conversation is you're not alone. Read a book after dinner, or prep tomorrow’s meals.
- Consider hiring a trainer We're here to help your at Brand Fitness
- Enroll in small-group training ... our specialty at Brand Fitness
- Talk to your trainer about your goals (you want to go on a ski trip, or you want more confidence with your grandkids). Your reasons and motivation matters.
- Share your limitations or concerns. A good trainer knows how to accommodate you and can work around injuries and limitations.
- Tell your loved ones you love them more often.
- Meditate, pray, or practice mindfulness every day.
- Move your body ... Walk, exercise, take the stairs, Just do it.
- Focus on losing fat and gaining muscle, more than weight.
- Sleep well Rest well ... Relax well. It’s so important, no matter what your level of fitness or exercise intensity.
- Remember, exercise is the miracle drug. It’s good for your bones, muscles, balance, heart, breathing, mental health and sleep.
- Practice an attitude of gratitude Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Be thankful you can move as well as you do.
- Remember exercise is fun – even when you don’t feel like it.
- Just be you Nobody else can, after all. And one of the gifts of being older is the confidence to evaluate options and embrace your choices.
As a fitness expert, I know that most people start each year wanting to get in shape. I'm here to help and make it easy peasy with my programs helping you to success. I look forward to answering any questions you may have.
Here's to your Best Life Ever ... I'm here to help you!