Eating healthy does not need to be boring. Grilled salmon, crisp greens, tender corn and peppers, a sprinkle of cheese and a few slices of avocado make this healthy salad something worth repeating. The flavours in this dish are so delicious there is no need for dressing. Servings: 2
Here’s what you need...
- 2 (3.5 oz) salmon fillets
- Santa Fe seasoning blend (2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/8 teaspoon clove, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/8 cup low fat cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup canned red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Coat the salmon fillets with Santa Fe seasoning. On a pre-heated grill, cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, until flaky and cook all the way through. Remove from heat.
- On 2 plates arrange a bed of lettuce, topped with half of the tomato, corn, cheese, peppers and avocado. Place the fillet on top.
This recipe is from our BRAND FITNESS Newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter below, to Receive Fitness Tips and Healthy Recipes.