This vegetarian, protein-packed chili is the perfect bowl of comfort food that you can eat guilt-free!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, cayenne pepper, coriander and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with avocado, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Classy
QUINOA CHILI RECIPE from www.damndelicious.net